Oct 16, 2007

MY BIG BROTHER-MY HERO

I just wanted to wish my big brother Darren happy birthday today. I miss him so much. I just though I would share some fun memories of my brother. When I was little I was bummed that everyone else got mail and I never did. I would go and check out the mailbox, but there was never anything in it for me. Well Darren came in one day and told me to go check out in the mailbox. I told him that the mailman came already. He insisted that I go check, and I kept telling him no. Finally I gave in and I found a letter in there from my big brother.
He also took me on my first date. He and his girlfriend were going out on a date. I was having a bummer of a day, and I was pouting. Darren came in and asked me to go to dinner with him and his girlfriend. We went to Leatherbee's. I felt like a princess.
I just thought I would share some fun memories of my big brother. I miss him so, and want to wish him a very happy birthday.

4 comments:

Staci said...

OK you just made me cry. I too love Darren and miss him. He was a great person and someone we all looked up to.

KABSorensen said...

Dido... Not many days go by without thinking of him. That is a really nice post. Thank you!

Cortney said...

I know this comment is kind of late but I just barely read this post. We have so many special family memories all which Darren is a part of. I used to love when my parents would go out of town and him and Laurel would come and stay with us. We all love and miss him very much.

Tara said...

Of course I have to comment too! Here are some of my favorite memories of Darren...

(1) I remember him living with us and getting ready for a date. Just before his date arrived I was messing around with him and dumped a cup of water on his newly done hair. He freaked out and tackeled me and continued to tickle me until I said I was sorry.

(2) Darren and Laurel came to stay with us while my parents were out of town. Erica and I thought we could do whatever we wanted since Darren was so easy going. So..we went a few places we shouldn't have and never asked permission. When they found out they sat us down and tried to "lecture" us. Darren felt so bad halfway through the lecture he apologized for being too strict...I loved having them watch us.

(3)Darren always made me feel so special. Everytime I would come home from college he would ask me a million questions about my life. He took the time to REALLY know me.

Darren, we all love and miss you! Happy Birthday!