Apr 5, 2011
Day 5-A picture of your favorite memory
So this was from our first beach house trip as a family. This has got to be one of my MOST FAVORITE vacations EVER!!! We rented a beach house in Imperial Beach, CA in 2006. Is was the most beautiful place ever. The house had 4 bedrooms that we all fit into. The front yard had a pool and the back yard was the beach!! Literally, we walked out the back and there was the beach. Before we left, I kept trying to find things to do because I knew that there was no way I would have fun sitting on the beach for a whole week, well I was WRONG!! I didnt ever want to leave. I wanted to wake up in the morning and go sit on the beach, go boogie boarding, and swim in the pool. It was so much fun, and so relaxing. The weather was beautiful and we were so spoiled.
We spent the week out on the beach, playing in the sand, playing horseshoes, flying kites, building sandcastles, and boogie boarding in the water. We went one day to a huge mall, which was fun, but I just wanted to get back to the beach.
One day we had spent the day out on the beach. Aunt Callie being the best aunt that she is had taken time to put suntan lotion on all the kids. Well it was time to start picking up all our stuff for the night. We gathered all our chairs and towels to take up to the porch. As we were finishing up Callie realized her wedding ring was missing. She remembered that when she was putting on the lotion, she took her ring off and put it in the cup holder of the chair. We all panicked and started looking around everywhere in the sand, the GREAT BIG SAND BOX!!! We didnt know what we were going to do. Callie had all but given up, it was a loss. Jared decided to see if he could find someone who sold a metal detector. We called all around and found a Radio Shack that was till open and actually had 1 at their store. We went and bought it right away. Jared busted it out of the box and he and the other boys went out to the beach a looking. You wouldn't believe it but Jared actually found it, it was a few feet under this HUGE pile of sand that we used to walk up to the house, I mean it was a huge pile of sand. I still to this day cannot believe he found it under that pile of dirt.
This picture is of Callie, Lorie and I. Brian caught the most perfect picture of us all catching a wave at the same time. The best part of this for me is that I am so AFRAID of the water, but I finally ventured in and spent most of my time in it. The funny but sad thing is that in one day Callie kicked a dolphin and didn't know it, I saw a sand shark (remember me saying that I am deathly afraid of sharks) and Brian was stung by a stingray(that was the sad thing).
It was just fun being together as a family. We really needed to all be together and to spend this time with each other.
Alot of fun memories were made this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment